Saturday, March 19, 2011

To all who come to this happy place...

Hello! My name is Alyssa and I have recently been accepted into the Disneyland College Program for Fall 2011!! Basically it's been my dream to work for Disney ever since I was in middle school and I can't believe it's actually happening - it still hasn't quite sunk in yet. I know that a lot of my friends and family are going to want to know about my experiences, and I'm sure there are future CP'ers out there who are curious about the program! So, what better way to share everything that happens to me than with a blog? Kills several birds with one stone. Of course we won't actually be killing any birds, that's probably not very Disney-ish.

Anyways, I am SUPER excited! The bummer part is that I don't start until May. Boo. BUT the good news is that I got my first choice of roles - which is ATTRACTIONS! I don't find out what ride it's going to be until I start, but I will probably end up making a list of the top rides I'm hoping to get...

So I'm NOT doing housing, which is sad because I'll miss out on some of the fun there, but doing non-housing means I get to start three months sooner :) In July a couple of my friends and I are planning on renting a house in Anaheim - which will be awesome to live so close - but until then I will be commuting to work. I've been reading other blogs from past CP'ers and it's getting me so psyched. I know there are people out there who say, "Working for Disney takes the magic out of going there" or "Disney is super strict, you're going to hate working for them" blah blah blah etc. WELL, of course they are strict - how else could they have become the number one company for customer service if they weren't strict? In fact, I'm glad that they are - it will weed out the slackers and the people who don't want to be there! And as for the magic going away, for me the opportunity to work there IS the magic! It's what I've wanted for so long, and nothing is going to ruin it for me. Plus, if I can work at Walgreens with a smile on my face, I'm pretty sure I won't have a problem maintaining a positive attitude at the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH.

Most of my blog posts until my program starts are probably going to be me rambling about how excited I am and suggesting things to prepare for the experience. If that interests you, keep reading! If not, check back in May!

2 comments:

  1. Happy for you sweetie! Love Nana Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I got accepted for Fall 2011 at Disneyland in Anaheim. I'll be doing Hostess.

    ReplyDelete