Sunday, March 20, 2011

Where do I want to work...

So, as you know, I've been selected for an Attractions role, which means I will be working at one of the rides in Disneyland or California Adventures. During my phone interview, I kind of name-dropped a few rides I would most love to work at. It might not have done me any good, but I've heard of a few people who requested a specific ride and ended up getting it. Doesn't hurt to try. While I'm super happy that I even got into the program, there are definitely some rides I want to work at more than others. After careful thought and consideration, I've narrowed it down to my Top 5 choices....


5. The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure
This ride isn't even open yet, which is one reason I think it would be cool to work it. Twenty years from now when my own kids ride it, I can say "Yeah, I totally worked at this ride when it first opened." I've seen the concept art for this ride, as well as the 3D models of it, and it looks like it'd be pretty similar to working the Haunted Mansion because you are basically loading people on and off of little carts. BUT The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Disney movies and, if nothing else, I bet I would get to listen to some form of the amazing music from that film!

4. Hollywood Tower of Terror

Basically, I want to creep people out. And I think I'd be good at it. You get to wear a sweet bellhop outfit and try to scare people, what part of that doesn't sound good? Also, I love the ambiance inside that ride - all the dusty cobwebs and the smell of must. Yummy.




3. Fantasyland
So I've heard that if you work Fantasyland, you are trained on all or most of the rides there. That's pretty awesome because it means you could be working a different ride each day and therefore won't get bored of having the same scenery every single shift. Fantasyland is also one of my favorite parts of the park - it's colorful, it's where the castle is, and it's where the princesses are. Ultimately, I would love to work Storybook Land. I think that ride is one of the cutest things ever, and you get to talk a lot - which is something I enjoy.




2. The Haunted Mansion
Okay, first of all, New Orleans Square is my favorite land in the park. The ambiance, the music, the shops - I love it all. Secondly, the Haunted Mansion costumes are my favorite for any ride (I think the emerald green color would look awesome with my black hair). When the ride converts to Christmastime, your costume gets even cuter! And once again, you get to be kind of creepy. For some reason I'm really drawn to that. Oh and Jack and Sally usually hang out over there, so you might get to see them! :)



1. The Jungle Cruise
Though it's not my favorite ride in the park, it's the one I think I would have the most fun working. The skipper outfits are adorable and I think I would be great at the delivery of all the horribley wonderful puns. I always get that person who's not really into it and butchers the jokes and I think to myself, "I would be so into it if I had this job!" What else am I gonna do with my four years of high school drama class?

Those are the top choices ladies and gentlemen. There are some honorable mentions as well (Pirates of the Carribbean, Star Tours, and Space Mountain), but I will honestly be excited no matter what happens :) Coming up next time: My bottom 5 choices....

2 comments: