Thursday, April 21, 2011

I walked with you once upon a dream

Sad news. I've been kind of in a slump the last couple days ever since my mom texted me saying that my dog back home, Cody, died. I hadn't seen him since Christmas, and I always thought I would see him at least one more time before he passed away. I know he was "just a dog" but I've never had anyone in my family or anyone close to me die before, so I've been pretty torn up about it. We got him when I was nine years old, and now I'm 21, so twelve years is a long time to have someone in your life. I wish I could've hugged his blubber-y body one more time, but I know he's in doggie heaven now, eating everything.


R.I.P. Cody, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I started crying (again) as I read this. It is SO HARD to lose a beloved friend - who was not just a "pet". I feel your loss so greatly, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel honey! Losing a beloved pet is hard, and he was not "just a dog," he was a companion and valued member of your family. I lost my baby girl a few months ago and took it pretty hard. Honor your pet and acknowledge the loss, it's okay to mourn. Cody was a friend, and he isn't with you anymore. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete