Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm never gonna catch my breath, say goodbye to those who knew me...

Wow. I am SO exhausted from the last few days. That being sad, today was pretty cool. It was our "Welcome to..." orientation, and mine was for Park Operations (which includes Parking/Transportation, Main Entrance, Guest Relations, Custodial, Attractions, and Security). The majority of the 8 hour day was spent in a conference room, where we learned about safety and all sorts of other things that would be REALLY boring if our facilitators weren't so entertaining.

My favorite part of the day was when we got to walk around the park and hear from a manager in each of the park operations departments. OH, and because we are Park Ops, we got to see an "example" by going on Buzz Lightyear astroblasters! :) At the end of the day, a few of us took the shuttle to one of the "team centers," where we got our Little Mermaid preview tickets!! But what we didn't know was that we got off the last shuttle, which meant we were pretty much stranded backstage. We found our way back into the park and walked all the way through it to get out through the Toontown exit, and finally made it back to TDA!

Oh and we also got our schedules for the next couple weeks, I have some time to relax, and then I have on-the-job training Friday-Sunday! I can't wait to get my costume, I think they are actually pretty cute. I also found out my specific rides! I am starting with Mickey's Fun Wheel and the Silly Symphony Swings. Obviously, these weren't my first choices, but I asked my facilitator and he said I have a very high chance of being cross-trained for Little Mermaid or Toy Story! :) *fingers crossed*



Forgot to mention.... Star Tours was AMAZING!! I missed that ride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment