Monday, June 13, 2011

It's been awhile!

Let's see, what have I been up to lately. Well, a couple of days ago I was scheduled for Grad Night Screening, which was interesting... So I had to show up wearing the Parade Guest Control costume, which is just royal blue pants, a white polo, and a black peacoat. For the first hour or so they talked to us about how to do pat-downs and what kinds of things to look out for. Then we did some stretches, and then we went out to the front of the park, where one of the shuttle lanes was completely blocked off for us to do our screening...

At first it was quiet. A couple buses arrived and the recent high school graduates trickled down the lane until they got to one of the MANY pat-down entrances. We weren't just looking for marijuana and alcohol - if they had logos on their shirts, we had to have a "runner" escort them to the bathroom and make them turn it inside out. If they had medicine, a runner would take them to the nurse table to get it inspected. If they had dangly earrings, they had to take them off, ETC.

Then things got CRAZY. Swarms of them came. I'm not a fan of mobs in general, but mobs of teenagers are the WORST. I tried to be a runner for as long as I could, but eventually I got roped into doing pat-downs. Let me tell you, some of those girls were sooo sassy, I just wanted to smack them and tell them to get over themselves. But I didn't, because I work at Disney :) During the pat-downs we have to squat to check their pants and shoes... If grad night was on Thursday, and today is Monday, then it took four days for my thighs to no longer ache intesnely. :(

And since I'm sure you're all wondering, I didn't find any illegal contraband on the kids I checked, but I know that a few other people did. And you know what happened to those kids? They got turned over to our on-site Anaheim Police Officers. Sucks for them.

Otherwise, work has been smooth. I've decided to start tallying how many guests tell me I look like Snow White or that I should be Snow White. So far i'm at 5, and 3 of those were today - I guess I must have looked extra white or something. At one point I turned to let a family out of the ferris wheel and the little girl pointed at me and said "Snow White! Snow White!" :) Made me smile.


Other than being pale with black hair, there's not a lot of resemblance...

No comments:

Post a Comment