Sunday, June 5, 2011

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming

Wow! I've been busy lately. Not only am I at finals time at school, I have been working five days a week. All of my shifts have been at the Fun Wheel and Swings. I haven't had any WoC shifts since that last one, which is cool because most people get scheduled a lot of them and only a few attractions shifts. But being College Program, we get all the good shifts ;) Some people will kind of resent you for it, but for the most part people are cool.

Anyways, I've really gotten the hang of my job! And I really enjoy it :) I'm glad that I got trained on TWO rides instead of just one, because it gives me even more positions to rotate through, so I get a good variety and work stays interesting. I've had a few hiccups operating the rides, but nothing that couldn't be fixed quickly! The BEST part of my job is interacting with the guests. Yeah, you get a couple boogers every now and then, but for the most part the people are really nice! I've gotten so many random compliments, it's the sweetest thing.

Apparently older Asian women think I'm really pretty... I had one tell me I was "very beautiful" and I had another take a picture of me.. It was kind of awkward, but nice. Oh, and I also have a fan club of 12 year old boys. They went on the Swings three days ago, and today they were at the Fun Wheel. They kept calling my name loudly which was kind of uncomfortable because there were a LOT of people there, and they asked me if it hurt when I fell from heaven...

Other than that, not a lot to report! I'm having a great time, even if my feet hurt :) I'm really looking forward to my first class (The Blended Learning Series) starting soon! And next week I'm working one of the Grad Night shifts, from 8pm - 1:30 am. I'm going to be screening all the high school graduates for drugs and alcohol.... fun stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment