First off, I parked in the Katella cast member lot for the first time! Took the cast shuttle to Harbor Point (where there's a Team Center and lots of important offices, like scheduling). Met up with the other girl I was training with (they usually put two trainees to one trainer) and then we met our awesome trainer, Clinton. He showed us around and then took us to the costuming building, where we got our first costumes, as well as locks to put on lockers. The costume we wore today is the one that we wear when we're scheduled for World of Color shifts. We also got a coat because it was chilly at night!
Don't I look precious?? .....
I also got another costume (which I'm supposed to wear tomorrow) that's for my shifts at the Swings or Fun Wheel. It's also the same costume for Midway Mania. After we got our snazzy outfits on, we walked over to DCA. We got to do some really fun things today - and got paid for it! We went on the Monster's Inc. ride, and then went around to the back to the control room for Roz (at the end of the ride, Roz talks to guests in the car). It was super interesting to see how it worked - I always wondered!
It was a long day, so I can't really remember the order in which we did everything, so I'll just summarize. We went into the Animation Academy, and did the quiz in the Beast's Library and the voice-over thing in Ursula's Lair. We met our trainer for tomorrow, and then went on Toy Story Midway Mania. We went into the Blue Sky Cellar (where they show upcoming changes to the park) and watched the movie that plays in there. We met a TON of people and managers, saw a lot of different breakrooms, had a delicious and cheap lunch in the cafeteria, and then went on the new Little Mermaid Ride!! - let me just say, it was really really pretty :) and the costumes are soooo adorable!! I filled out the cross-training form, where you list your top three rides (in your area) that you'd like to be trained for. I put 1.) Little Mermaid, 2.) Midway Mania, 3.) CA Screamin'. I really hope I get it, but it won't be for at least a couple months because we are on a probation period right now.
Basically, today was called "Guest Interaction Training." We were mostly just walking around the entire park with Clinton pointing out where things are for when a guest asks for it. To end the night, we got to watch World of Color :) And it was ESPECIALLY awesome because today was the first day that it had a new part in it - an extended Pirates of the Carribbean portion, with a lot of scenes from the new movie! Very cool.
All in all, a VERY fun day of training! Of course, it's not going to be as fun after today - tomorrow we are going to be stationed at our attractions (the fun wheel and swings) and learning how to do those. Still excited for it though! :) Even though I'm on a turn-around, starting at 8:30 am...
I've told all my students to look for you if they go to DL this summer. ;)
ReplyDeleteawesome! :) i'll be there!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!!
ReplyDelete