First 45 minutes or so, we were filling out the rest of our paperwork (tax information, union membership, etc), and then we got our photo taken for our picture I.D. After that, we were led upstairs to a room with tables, where we sat and watched Ratatouille until everyone got in the room! So cool!
While we were waiting for everyone to get there, we had time to peruse the hefty folder they gave us, full of information and goodies! Some of the things we got include:
- A fancy and detailed guide to the Disney Look
- Brochures about things like Disability Insurance, Workers' Compensation, Sexual Harrasment, etc.
- Our "Safe-D" manual
- A random white board and dry erase marker
- Employee policy manual
- Information about their Federal Credit Union
- A 2011 Program guide, complete with day planner! (with cute things on the dates, like Goofy's birthday)
- A DCP keychain thing for our cast member ID!
- A disney pen :)
The most exciting part is, we start Traditions tomorrow!! For those that don't know, Traditions is the orientation that all new employees go through. I'm not sure everything that we talk about, but tomorrow I will be sure to post another blog about it :) The only bummer is that we have to be there at 7:30 am, yikes... Sunday is when we have our introductory orientation for our specific division within the park. Since I'm attractions, I'm part of park operations, and I have to be at TDA 8:30 am, which isn't as bad as some people (like retail) who have to be there at 7:30 am again.
It's going to be a looooong but exciting weekend, I will be sure to document everything for you guys! :) Well, I'm off to buy my work shoes!
Wow, that's awesome! That's cool that you start so soon. Now I can't wait till next Friday when I go in. I can't hold in my excitement. Can't wait for your next blog... This week is going to go by sooo slow now.
ReplyDeleteOh one more thing, what was everyone wearing.. were the guys wearing ties? Was it real professional dress or semi professional?. I was kinda wondering about that. =)
ReplyDeleteMost of the guys wore a nice button-up shirt, with or without a tie, and nice slacks. But I don't think they were really enforcing it today - there was a guy with jeans and a sweatshirt and they didn't do anything to him or not let him check-in. I think for today they mostly just wanted you to wear a nice shirt for your I.D. picture. However, for Traditions and everything from now on, they are going to enforce it much stricter - if they don't like your look, they will send you home.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy this week while you can, because things are going to get ultra busy! :)
Alyssa, do you know why they assigned you to attractions rather than retail? I wonder if they have a criteria for one or the other.
ReplyDeleteAunt Lisa -
ReplyDeleteWhen you fill out the application, there is a section called the "role checklist," where you put a check next to any role you are willing to accept. Then, in the phone interview, you tell your interviewer what your top three choices are, and they ask you interview questions that relate to those roles. It's not guaranteed that you will get any of your top choices though. But attractions was my #1, and I got it :)
I can't imagine how exciting it must be to go to Disneyland everyday!! How fun. What rules do they have about cellphone use?
ReplyDeleteNO cellphones can be seen onstage. Your safest bet is to just leave it in your bag during your shift, except on break.
ReplyDeleteEmployees must know it is a PRIVILEGE to work there and they would not dare use their cellphones.
ReplyDelete