Sunday, May 22, 2011

I've got no strings, to hold me down

*Breathe in ... and breathe out*

Okay, I am pretty exhausted from the last few days, and my brain is on sensory overload. Yesterday, I started at 8:30 am - which is before DCA opens - and I walked through the opening procedures for Mickey's Fun Wheel with my trainer Brad. He then taught me how to operate the ride, and there was a LOT to remember. How to stop the ride early if someone wants off, how to determine what the wait times are, what to do in emergency situations, how to accomodate guests with disabilities, how to contact maintenance or custodial, ETC.! Once the park opened, I got to practice letting guests on and off the gondolas and dispatching the ride. A couple hours of the day were spent in one of the Learning Centers, reading the Operating Guide (OG).... yeah, my eyes were fighting to stay open. OH! I got to go on Little Mermaid again :) I haven't even used my Cast Preview tickets yet!

Today was pretty similar to yesterday. I finished reading the OG for Mickey's Fun Wheel, and had a refresher on operating the ride. Then, I had my PA - which I think means Personal Assessment...? I don't know, they use SO MANY ACRONYMS here, it's hard to remember what they all mean!! Anyway, basically it means that a trainer followed me around as I did each of the different roles for the attraction, asking me questions during the whole thing. Kind of nerve racking, but I passed and can now operate a 160 foot tall ferris wheel :) There were some delays with my training though - the ferris wheel went 101 (meaning we had to shut it down) twice - it wasn't my fault though!

After lunch, I got a crash course on the Silly Symphony Swings, and then had to go read it's OG... blah. Tomorrow is my last training shift - from 9am to 1pm. I'll be having another PA done for the Swings, and then I'm officially done with training! Here's hoping I pass!

Oh, I also witnessed my first Code V today... yummy

1 comment:

  1. wow sounds like you have been having a great time!
    So guess where they put me? Tomorrowland.. Finding Nemo!!!! So I told them about my fear of the subs and they told me because of training and other stuff, I'm kinda at a stand still. =( Till the attractions onboarding person calls me. And then they will work to see if they can find another land for me to work in or staying in Tomorrowland.

    ReplyDelete